Thursday, May 26, 2016

Live Fidelity: Marty Stuart and the Fabulous Superlatives



Tonight I saw a fantastic show in Tampa at the Straz center, Marty Stuart and the Fabulous Superlatives. At the last minute I saw they were playing near me and I snatched up a 6th row ticket online. Marty and Cousin Kenny are probably two of my favorite country guitar players, and they did not disappoint! In fact, the entire band including Chris Scruggs and Harry Stinson were all superb.

I was impressed by several things, one of them being the awesome guitar tone that Marty and Kenny had. They all hung out after the show and signed autographs and I also had the opportunity to chat briefly with them. Marty is playing through a Fender Deluxe, and Kenny through a Fender Princeton, all vintage of course. I have seen a lot of shows and I thought they had some of the best tones I have ever heard live. On the gear, no frills, just pure tone and nothing to hide behind but pure talent and a soul for music. Marty also confirmed he still uses a Radial Bg Shot Power Booster on his rig.

Not only were these guys instrumentally phenomenal, they had the best harmonizing vocals I can remember hearing in a long time. Some of the most memorable tunes were 'Country Boy Rock and Roll', 'Working on a Building' and Marty's solo mandolin performance of "Orange Blossom Special.' Here are some of the pictures I managed to take! If you have a chance to see these guys don't miss out. They smoke it!























No comments:

Post a Comment